All,

I'm developing a webapp and for various reasons it has multiple
document roots which can override each other. For example, c:\webapp
is one directory, but c:\webapp-editionA and c:\webapp-editionB are
other editions of the same application. There are a base set of JSPs
in the 'webapp' directory and some of those are overridden in the
'edition' directories. I do my development in different modes -- so if
I'm developing the webapp for edition A I'll need the jsp's from the
base directory plus those in the A directory.

Resin has a new "merge()" function which will merge together different
doc roots for a webapp:

<web-app id="/foo"
document-directory="merge:(c:\webapp;c:\webapp-editionA);" .. />

This means everything in webapp-editionA will override what's in
webapp. I do this right now and it works perfectly for development.

My question is -- is this possible in Tomcat? I'd like to use Tomcat
for more dev, mostly because of it's blazing fast JSP compilation in
5.5 (very impressive BTW!).

Thanks in advance,
--Bill