Just for grins take a look at all your file permissions. It may be an issue that localhost gives you the needed authority to open or modify a needed file, but as a remote you are treated as a different user and don't have it.

This is just an off the wall idea.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Peters-Anders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 5:01 AM
Subject: XML Parsing only on localhost but not remotely

Hello,

at last I solved the problem of my tomcat not being able to parse xml code,
but only partially: I am now able to do xml requests in my Geoserver
application, but only on the localhost, if I try to do a request remotely, I
only get the xml code in the browser window. Here is what the remote Browser
shows:

------------------------8<----------------------------------------------
WFS_Capabilities version="1.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://systemsresearch.ac.at:8080/geoserver/data/capabilities/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-capabilities.xsd";>
-
<Service>
<Name>My GeoServer WFS</Name>
<Title>My GeoServer WFS</Title>
-
<Abstract>

This is a description of your Web Feature Server.

The GeoServer is a full transactional Web Feature Server, you may wish to
limit
GeoServer to a Basic service level to prevent modificaiton of your
geographic
data.

</Abstract>
<Keywords>WFS, WMS,
GEOSERVER</Keywords>
<OnlineResource>http://geoserver.sourceforge.net/html/index.php</OnlineResource>
<Fees>NONE</Fees>
<AccessConstraints>NONE</AccessConstraints>
</Service>
-
<Capability>
-
<Request>
-
<GetCapabilities>
-
<DCPType>
-
<HTTP>
<Get
onlineResource="http://systemsresearch.ac.at:8080/geoserver/wfs/GetCapabilities?"/>
</HTTP>
</DCPType>
-
<DCPType>
-
<HTTP>
<Post
onlineResource="http://systemsresearch.ac.at:8080/geoserver/wfs/GetCapabilities"/>
</HTTP>
</DCPType>
</GetCapabilities>
-
<DescribeFeatureType>
.
.
.
etc.
-----------------------8<--------------------------------------------------

What do I have to modify so that tomcat will be doing the xml parsing also
for the remote browser? As I understand it, the code should not be sent to
the browser, but should be executed on the localhost and the result should
be sent to my browser, right? So what could be wrong? Please tell my what
file  information you need to give me a hint (e.g. server.xml oder web.xml
etc.).

Thank you very much in advance

Jan Peters-Anders

--
Remember, Linux is a wigwam: No Windows. No Gates. Apache inside.

.

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl