there is a difference between a "crashed" tomcat and a "shutdown" tomcat.

Filip

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

there is a flag you can set so that listeners don't get called, its optional

its called notifyListenersOnReplication, see server.xml for example, default is true

Filip

Jesper Ekberg wrote:

Hello!
My first mail to this list. :)
I have read it for a long time tho.
We have a tried to cluster 3 Tomcat 5.5.7 machines and I found that HttpSessionBindingListener will be notified when the session is replicated and the machine crashes.
I think this must be a bug??

The scenario:
3 Tomcat 5.5.7 machines on Windows 2003 Server (I know, not my fault ;)).
JK2 Connector for load balancing.
I log on and session is created and is replicated correctly to all machines.
I shut down the server that I'm working on.
The session is destroyed and method valueUnbound is called on the "crashed" machine.
It seems odd to me that the method valueUnbound is called when the session is replicated, the session "still lives" on the other Tomcat machines.

Sorry for my sometimes bad English ;)

//Jesper