The 5.5 jndi resource has all of the attributes for
the data source in one element, like this:

<Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"

url="jdbc:oracle:thin:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:1521:mysid"
              username="scott" password="tiger"
maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1"/>

Hope that fixes it.  Good luck,