Hi, I have a sort of theoretical question.  I'm
wondering about the pros and cons of using a "one
connection per tomcat session" strategy for connecting
to a Postgresql server rather than connection pooling.

My users generally login in the morning and keep my
app open for extended periods of time, usually
serveral hours at least.  The one connection per
session method seems to work well.  Here are the
reasons I'm using it.

1.  Can cache prepared statements, something that is
more problematic to do with a generic connection pool.

2.  Have better control of connection releases via the
finalize() method in a session "helper" class that
contains the one single connection.

3.  Easier to code and implement than connection
pooling.

4.  Potentially faster than connection pooling because
of only one connection open per session.

Are there issues that I'm overlooking?  If I had more
users with shorter sessions, would it make a
difference?

Thanks.