--- Joel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I went to www.dyndns.org and selected 'Dynamic
> DNS'
> > and did whatever it asked me to. I'm able to
> access it
> > locally. ie.
>
> Locally means on the same machine as the server?

On the same machine where tomcat & apache are running.

> And could you mention which "whatever it asked me"
> you did?

When i clicked on 'Dynamic DNS', a form appeared and i
keyed-in the host name. That's it. It gave following

> > http://dummy.dnsalias.net/web/JSP/login.html
> >
> > But not from other computers (one at office).
>
> Have you edited the hosts files on any of the
> computers, including the
> server?

Yes. I edited the host file of the server.

> > I'm able
> > to ping to this machine.
>
> Ping by IP address or by the dummy.dnsalias.net
> domain name?

Both.

> And if IP, is it by the internal IP or the external
> IP?
>
> Wait. dummy is probably not a 3LD that you'd be able
> to get. Are you
> sure about that?

It's not dummy. Actual URL is: raghu.dnsalias.net

> > But not able to see the web
> > application. Is this is a firewall issue? How can
> > identify what are the firewalls/spywares running
> in my
> > system and how to allow the IP Address to be
> visible.
>
> I was going to mention cheap broadband "modems" that
> don't expose the
> external interface address back to the internal LAN
> and about
> demilitarized zones, and recapitulate the hosts file
> business, but I
> think we haven't got that far yet.
>
> (None of this is the main topic on this list.)

Sorry for posting this issue in this mailing list. I
was monitoring this list. Also, i thought, there may
be some tomcat & apache server configuration problem.

Thanks.