Just moved to 5.5.7.  After the server runs for several hours, I start
getting the following exception on JDBCRealm access.  After restarting the
server, it works for a while, then starts failing again.  The exception dump
doesn't give a whole lot of information to go on.

I did not update my MySQL connector when I moved from 5.0 to 5.5.7.  Is that
necessary?  Nothing else has changed that I'm aware of.

Suggestions?  Thx.

Mar 11, 2005 10:48:18 AM org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm getPassword
SEVERE: Exception retrieving password for "jmalcolm"
java.sql.SQLException: Communication link failure: java.net.SocketException,
underlying cause: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException
MESSAGE: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

STACKTRACE:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:256)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:313)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:1316)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:1463)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1854)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1203)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2090)
        at
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1496)
        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.getPassword(JDBCRealm.java:526)
        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:399)
        at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:347)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator.authenticate(BasicAuthe
nticator.java:181)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:446)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105
)