From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 9:00 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Scoping of JNDI Resources?

J Malcolm wrote:
> I've actually got my realms defined per host. That's not the problem. The
> problem is that the datasources for the various realms must be declared
> globally (apparently).

> I'm assuming that any datasource that is defined globally is accessible to
> any Tomcat app that knows the datasource name, right?  This means that the
> realm authentication db for one host is accessible to any other host that
> might be able to determine the datasource name.

Ah, OK, this isn't a problem I've had to deal with, but:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/globalresources.html

:: I would read this:

     The GlobalNamingResources element defines the global JNDI
     resources for the Server.

     These resources are listed in the server's global JNDI resource
     context. This context is distinct from the per-web-application
     JNDI contexts described in the JNDI Resources HOW-TO. The resources
     defined in this element are not visible in the per-web-application
     contexts unless you explicitly link them with <ResourceLink>
     elements.

:: as refuting the above concern...

But I don't have time to test that theory right now :-)

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.