From: Mark
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 17:31
Subject: running a thread in Tomcat

Hi,
I'm starting a new thread in my init servlet(I know it has been
discussed few time, that it's not the best idea, but anyway)
 and everyhing is fine untill I need to restart tomcat.
When I shutdown (shutdown.sh) Tomcat the java process remain active.

The question is it expected? or I need to take care about this thread
in destroy() method of my init servlet?

I have tomcat 5.0.24 on RH9.

Thanks a lot,
Mark.