I'm *guessing* you're facing some of the issues I have been.

I believe you'll essentially need to set up a separate LoggerRepository (based on classloader, not thread or contextual class loader) and provide separate config files for each.

I've got log4j.jar in my WEB-INF/lib, I'm using my own static/classloader-based LoggerRepository, and this keeps Tomcat's logs using their own LoggerRepository and a separate logging configuration. I'm still not to where I want to be with this, but it's a far cry from the out-of-the-box mess that occurs with log4j and commons-logging.

--
Jess Holle

Joy Kenneth Harry wrote:

Hi,
I have a webapp in tomcat. I am using a separate Log4j.xml for it, in
its WEB-INF classes folder.

I've also put a Log4j.xml in TOMCAT_HOME/ common/classes and set it to
false so that I do not get the general Tomcat logs.

But even then my project logs are getting mixed with the TOMCAT logs.
Is there any way to disable TOMCAT logs.