Hi,

I see here that there is an option for the webapp-specific classloader
to use parent-first classloading instead of the (default) child-first
classloading.

Can someone suggest why this might be useful? Clearly someone thought
so, but I can't see any point in it. It is in catalina since version 1.1
(committer: Remy Maucherat).

See "delegate" option in this page:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/loader.html

Using this option makes life exceedingly complicated for some libs like
commons-beanutils and commons-logging, so I would like to know under
what conditions someone might enable this feature.

Regards,

Simon