Hello,

when I develop my web applications I use JIdea
an have Tomcat integrated in the IDE so I start it
every time when I have made changes and wish to test them.
This process takes on my Pentium 4 1.6 GHz quite some time.
Tomcat starts up in 8-10 sec and then I takes some time for the JSP's
to be compiled.

I was wondering if I can speed up this process when I make
use of a Application Server with Hot Deploy. Does that make
sense for an application which is only based on a Servlet
Container? Can I make up some time or will it take
the same time in the end?

Best Regards,

Peter