Gene Volovich wrote:
Whooaa... You mean you can't do

<!--
    <Context whatever...>
-->

The above is correct, it works this way.

This sounds very fishy to me. I've been using that in my server.xml file forever. In any case, this is XML, so I don't see why this would be a problem. I suspect that the original poster's problem, if this is a Tomcat 5.x issue and not tomcat 4, has to do with problems in the ../conf/Catalina/<hostname>/<context>.xml file, which if you're upgrading from Tomcat 4, you might not think about.

I'm running tomcat 4.1.31 and just solved the problem. It's part my fault, part a stupid way of tomcat to handle compiled jsp.

After installing my own app under / tomcat refused to recompile the .jsp and showed the old page all the time. Not until I removed all the .class-files I got it to work. This was a hard nut to crack, to me it's completly illogical that tomcat doesn't recompile the files :)

Thanks everyhone for the help.

-- Andreas Andersson IT Dept. Travelstart Nordic [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.travelstart.se