Using Windows XP SP 2 , Net Framework 1.1,    MSDAIPP.DLL 11.0.5510.0

Tomcat version              4.1.21               5.5.7

JDK version                  1.4.2_06

I cannot open pdf files, zip files, . (with office files, image files. it
works fine) inside webfolders when basic authentication is enabled.

I have the same problem using tomcat's webdav app;

in such case I can read, at server's console, the following:

[Fatal Error] :-1:-1: Premature end of file.

The problem arise when I try to open recently uploaded files.

Disabling container's security all works fine

I don't know if line breaks in the response could affect webfolder client.
In the following example file

I have found several diffs when auth is enabled. Mime types, content-length
etc all OK in both responses.

Example PDF file

------------------------------------- authentication disabled. All works

%PDF-1.3

%....

340 0 obj

<<

/Linearized 1

.

.

.

353 0 obj

<< /S 1720 /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 354 0 R >>

------------------------------------- authentication disabled. All works

------------------------------------- authentication enabled. Fails

%PDF-1.3

%....

340 0 obj

<<

/Linearized 1

.

.

.

353 0 obj

<< /S 1

720 /Filter /FlateDecode /Length 354 0 R >>

------------------------------------- authentication enabled. Fails

Thanks in advance