Try adding the abandoned connection recovery settings and have it log them. If they show in your log as abandoned, then they are not getting closed. Even if you wrote the code as recommended, I have found that it does not always work. I am still chasing the exact details of this and when I get a handle on it I will weigh in on it. I think it has to do with the exact ordering in the try catches. For now add these and see what you get. The other questions is if you are getting more request than you have connections to handle, and how long the code holds the connection. If you are grabbing the connection and holding it for a long time in the code, it will not be considered to be abandoned.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Koller Krisztian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 1:39 PM
Subject: Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted

Hi All!

I'm using Tomcat 5.5 and Mysql 4.1 for an online survey web-application. (on
Fedora Core 3)
After some user outfilled the survey, Tomcat hangs with
"org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection,
pool exhausted" message.
I'm always close the all rs, stmt and conn components (How described in
doc).

What may be the problem?

Can I query the connection pool of Tomcat? (how many active connection has
it?)

Thanx,
Chris

--