hmm - sounds like a dns lookup causing a problem....

Andrew

On Apr 4, 2005, at 11:03 AM, t.n.a. wrote:

Michael Mehrle wrote:

The configuration is a modified version of appfuse 1.5 (struts and hibernate) - so this should give you a good idea of how it is structured. FYI: on my development machine here at home Tomcat starts in 28 seconds - identical project and configuration.

A fairly long time, any way you cut it. It takes about 6-9s on my Athlon 1900+ (using JDK 1.5), and a couple of seconds more on my laptop (even though the laptop has a 2.8GHz P4!, but runs blackdawn jdk 1.4).
Just a wild guess, but it seemes to me that you have a 2-minute timeout on something, and than tomcat normally loads in 5-6s.