There is nothing that restricts on a directory level. You'd need to write your own servlet filter.

-Tim

Jobish P wrote:

Hi all,

I am a newbie to Tomcat. I have installed Tomcat 5.0.19 on Redhat LInux 9,
and going fine. I would like to restrict some of my directories to certain
IP's only, say a range of IP. How can I restrict access to a directory in
/tomcat/webappas/ROOT on the basis of IP ? I tried with valves, but not
sure how to restrict the restriction only to particular directories.

It will be of nice if you could provide a solution,