Peter Crowther wrote:

From: gaurav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] I am using tomcat 5.5.7 on Fedora 3 with jdk1.5.0_02

my i have disable firewal and stopped Iptables !!

OK.

netstat -a | grep tomcat or 8080-> nothing , zero , blank

You already said that you had moved the Tomcat port from 8080, though? If so, I wouldn't expect anything on 8080. And I would expect something on Tomcat's shutdown port as well (check your server.xml for its port number) - is that not starting either?

                - Peter

I dont whats the wrong here... I have just installed Jboss .....its tunning fine ...what the problem tomcat ??
Why o Why tomcat says connection refused ....is there any hidden lock or temp files thats is causing proble ??