Jeff Duska wrote:
I'm trying to setup a couple of virtual hosts using Tomcat in stand
alone mode.

I started with the goal of having a user directory for each virtual
host. For example, for the sample domain1.com the appbase would be
/home/domain/webapps.

I setup my server.xml file to have the following host settings

   <Host name="domain1.com" debug="0" appBase="/home/domain/webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
        <Context path="" docBase="."/>
    </host>

OK, don't do that :-)

Don't put the Context elements in server.xml. Put your Host elements
there, e.g.

   <Host name="oahu"  appBase="/www/oahu"></Host>
   <Host name="maui"  appBase="/www/maui"></Host>
   <Host name="kauai" appBase="/www/kauai"></Host>

Then (assuming you're using the default Engine name) make directories
   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/oahu
   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/maui
   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/kauai

In each of those put your Context files, as in
   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/oahu/ROOT.xml
   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/oahu/manager.xml
   <!-- the above if you want the manager app available -->
   $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/oahu/cowabunga.xml

which will look (minimally!) like

   <Context docBase="/www/oahu/ROOT">
        <!-- define Resources, etc. -->
   </Context>

That's it. Restart tomcat. Done. See, wasn't that easy? :-)

HTH!
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.