Hi,

we have a tomcat webapp that needs to be down if we are doing a maintenance to
the database. The manager seems to be the perfect solution to make the
application unavailable but we found out that the 404 error-page cannot be
customized.

Even if we modified the default web.xml (in conf/) to add the error-page 404,
it doesn't seems to be resolved when the context is stopped.

If I type an URL that doesn't exists, that doesn't map to any context, I get
the right error page. But if it match a context path of a webapp that is
stopped, I have the Tomcat default error page. Is there a way to fix this?

Are we the only one trying to have a custom error page when the webapp is down?

thanks in advance
pascal.