Using: tomcat 5.5.7, JTOpen 4.7 JDBC Driver for AS/400 DB2
The DBAdmin of the company I work for ends the subsystems at night
time for the backup, so the connection dies during that time and when
I try to reconnect to application server via my webapp in the morning,
it throws me exception saying that the connection does not exist:

WARN http-8080-Processor22 net.sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter
- SQL Error: -99999, SQLState: 08003
 ERROR http-8080-Processor22
net.sf.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - The connection does not
exist.

However, after I try it couple of times I am able to connect, probably
Tomcat re-establishes the connection to AS/400, so I was wondering if
there was any parameter such as "autoreconnect" (such as in mysql)
that can be provided in server.xml file, which will automatically
reconnect in the first try instead of having to try if few times.