Forward only works within a context

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Crayton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 April 2005 19:36
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RequestDispatcher.forward() to doc located on HTTP Server

Is it possible to use Request.forward() to forward a request to an html
document located on an HTTP Server?

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.7 and Apache 2.0.

I have a document setting in the htdocs folder of Apache 2.0 that I'm trying
to forward to from an application deployed in Tomcat 5.5.7.

I have this context in my server.xml file:

<Context path="/LoginApp" docBase="LoginApp" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
<Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger" prefix="LoginApp."
suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

I have this code in my app:

ServletContext context = getServletConfig().getServletContext();
String uri = request.getQueryString();

ServletContext foreignContext = context.getContext("/");
RequestDispatcher requestDispatcher =
foreignContext.getRequestDispatcher(uri);
requestDispatcher.forward(request, response);

The uri comes from the query string of the original request.
When the code runs it says that the requested resource is not available -
Error 404.

Am I trying to do something that's impossible?

Please help.