Just user the jk connector. The work famously together. Obviously you're not running tomcat on port 80, but you don't need to.

Here's the link on setting it up.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/index.html

t.n.a. wrote:
Hi everyone,

I host applications on a machine where both apache and tomcat are running. I access apache at port 80 and tomcat at 8080. Is it possible (using the tomcat apache connection, or some other way) to access both at port 80? I ask because of firewall issues: port 80 seems to be the "Holy Grail" of accessibility: everything else depends on the local firewall configuration.

Tomislav