I've had this problem before as well.  The problem usually is that the classpath
has the right number of members, but in the wrong order.  You might want to look
in your jar files (if any) to see if there are any classes that are similar, but
perhaps one jar has an older version than another.  We faced this problem with
xalan and xerces packages.

Good luck.
Anuj.