request.getRemoteUser()

Please read the spec

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramu, Vinod [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 April 2005 15:17
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: To find user name

Hi All,

Could any one of you please let me know how to get the username?

For example, let's assume that I use BASIC authentication to authorize
the users of my site and I have a user who has logged in successfully.
During the coarse of this user's session, if I need to know the username
with which he logged in then what should I do?

Is it stored in the session object?
Or should we build a customized code such as a ServletFilter to trap the
username/password?

Any suggestions will be of great help to me.

Thanks,
VinodRamu