How does Tomcat know what to serialize?  Does it just use the Reflection
package and serialize out -everything- that implements java.io.Serializable?

-ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Lionel Farbos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 9:11 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Clustering "application scope replication"

Hi

For your needs, you can use
session replication
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html)
or
your own mechanisms and tables with datas in a database ...
Regards.

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 15:15:54 +0200
"Joakim Ahlén" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, too bad. Is there any way of storing objects if we want them in
"cluster scope"?

> An ugly hack would be to use one single HttpSession with a special
session-id to store global objects, and somehow fetch objects from within
this HttpSession from inside requests that belongs to other sessions. I
can't see how this could be done though, since request.getSession() can't
fetch other sessions than its own. This would probably also have to include
some tomcat specific magic which i wouldn't want.