* Pentium IV 2.8GHz, 2G RAM, dual 21" monitors (CRT's... they're still far better to me, screw size!)

* Windows XP Professional as main OS and Redhat8/WinNT/Win98/Mandrake in VMWare for testing

* UltraEdit & Directory Opus - This is essentially my development environment, these two are where I spend 90% of my time during the day

* Tomcat locally for all development as well as an instance on the Redhat VM, a secondary PC next to me (lesser hardware specs, but still decent) running Windows 2000 has WebSphere 5.1 which is our production app server of choice

* Maxthon and Firefox for testing

* Oracle 9i for all database development

* SourceSafe for some things, CVS for others (we are moving to all CVS, but SS is still in use right now)

That's the important stuff I figure. That's at work by the way, but I have an almost identical setup in my home office (laptop instead of secondary PC is the big difference), configured in a very similar way, so with the full VPN access to work, I can work almost as effectively at home as at work, not to mention work on my own stuff off-hours.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Patrick Lacson wrote:
hi All,

I'm curious to what everyone's dev environment looks like.  Here's mine:

hardware
Penium IV 2.0Ghz / 1GB Ram

OS
Windows XP Pro