From: Anto Paul [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:11 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: problem with compilation of jsp

On 4/26/05, vishwam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

hi
i hhave installed new apache tomcat on my system, iam facing problem when
executing jsp files
i have set
classpath  as  C:\Java\jdk1.5.0\lib;C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0\lib;C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\common\lib

java_home as C:\Java\jdk1.5.0

catalina_home as C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0;
but iam getting the below error message
the root cause is

Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
can any one help & solve this this problem please?

Try setting JAVA_HOME instead of java_home. I am not sure whether it
is case sensitive in windows. It is not a good idea to install Tomcat
in a directory with spaces in the name.