Parsons Technical Services wrote:

Please read what Yuval wrote --

OK, that was:

I want to change the ROOT context to my web app but not in the Tomcat
directory.

I tried to define the context in xml file in the
conf/Catalina/localhost/ with path="" and delete the ROOT folder in
The webapp directory but it doesn't work.

:: which I took to mean having a ROOT context in a place other than $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/.

And all that takes is to change the docbase attribute of the relevant
ROOT.xml file, which has an assumed context path of "".

Perhaps I misunderstand the OP's goal...

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.