I should have looked at your message more closely.

The error is probably with your default host. Look in your {tomcat-home}/conf/server.xml file. Look for something like

     <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
      unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

Post your server.xml file if you can't work it out.

Rod

Jonathan August wrote:

This is my /etc/hosts:

[jon ~]$ cat /etc/hosts # Do not remove the following line, or various programs # that require network functionality will fail. 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost