I've been running Tomcat on Windows XP for quite a while, without the following
issue. I just installed it on a Mac and it stops for no discernible reason
after an hour or so, with no activity on the system. I don't see any entry in
teh logs frm the time I walked away from a running Tomcat server to the time I
find it not running. No other error indications as well- just that Tomcat needs
to be restarted.

I'm at a loss for what to do since i have no leads to follow. Can anyone
suggest a theory or somehting to check?

Is Tomcat supposed to run on Mac Unix? I'm using OSX 10.3.8, Tomcat 5.5.9.

I'm using