Hi,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.7 and configured DBCP properly to work with Oracle 9i.
Everything is working fine if I try to get the connection from the Pool from an
application deployed in Tomcat.

However if I try to get the connection from the Pool from an application which
is not deployed in Tomcat (remote client), I am getting not bound exceptions.

Here is the code:

import java.util.*;
import javax.naming.*;
import javax.sql.DataSource;
public class  ClientTest
{
 public static void main(String[] args)
 {
  Context ctx = null;
  try
  {
   Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
   props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory");
   props.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.apache.catalina.util.naming");
   ctx = new InitialContext(props);
   DataSource dataSource = (DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:/comp/env/jdbc/test");
  }
  catch(Exception e)
  {
   e.printStackTrace();
  }
 }
}

Stacktrace shows:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java: is not bound in this Context
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.list(NamingContext.java:344)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.list(NamingContext.java:367)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.list(InitialContext.java:387)

What am I doing wrong?  Is it allowed to access the Pool from remote client in
first place?

Thanks in advance,
Appa