I found many questions and answers about this general topic, but my question is
more specific I think.

Tomcat 5 comes with a configuration utility which is installed on the start
menu on Windows XP under Start-->Programs-->Apache Tomcat 5.0-->Configure
Tomcat.  This pop-up has a Java tab which has two memory settings, Initial
memory pool and Maximum memory pool.

My question is does the tomcat Windows service obey these settings, or do I
have to re-create the service with new memory parameters each time I want to
increase the memory (add a web application for example).

Thanks,
Derrick