> From: Mark Benussi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Is there a Java API call I can make to detect how much disk
> space has been
> allocated to my account and the current amount used?

Depending on how hard they've nailed down the lid on Tomcat, you *might*
be able to invoke UNIX executables using Runtime.exec().  Then it's a
case of working out what quota program is on the machine - which in turn
depends on the UNIX version - and asking it.

An alternative would be to phone the service provider and ask how much
space has been allocated and used at one instant, and to write code to
traverse the filestore that contains your files counting up the file
sizes.  Add the constant for the difference between what you can see and
what they think you've used, and you have a usage checker that you can
re-run at any time.

                - Peter