Look in the server.xml That is where you will find where the username and password is being looked up at. If the comments are there then they will explain the configuration. If there are no comments then download the matching version of Tomcat and look at the virgin server.xml for the comments.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Manheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 3:51 PM
Subject: manager/admin login problem

Hi,

I recently installed Crystal Reports XI on one of my servers. This included
an installation of Tomcat. I am trying to log in to both the administration
and manager consoles, but cannot get it to work. I have added the following
record to the tomcat-users.xml file:

<user username="foo" password="bar" roles="admin,manager"/>

It will not allow me to log in with the new username and password. I also
tried adding admin or manager to the roles list for one of the default
users, but that did not work either. In some of the documentation,
"username" is replaced with "name", so I tried that too. Still no good. I
am starting to think that maybe the logins aren't running off of the
tomcat-users.xml file, but as far as I know, I did a standard installation.
Maybe CR XI does a different type of install that I don't know about.
Please advise me on how to log in to these two portals.

Thanks,

Phil Manheim
GiveAnything.com

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.11.5 - Release Date: 5/4/2005