Hi Jens,

Am Mittwoch, 11. Mai 2005 08:17 schrieb Altrock, Jens:
> Ok tried it again.. first some more information:
> I am using Tomcat 5.0.28 on Redhat Fedora Core 3, installed in
> /usr/local/tomcat
>
> I created a XML file called <application>.xml in
> /usr/local/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost
> where <application> is the name of the webapp. That worked so far.
> The file consisted just of a few lines:
>
> <Context path="/NetAdmin" docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/NetAdmin"
>         debug="0" privileged="true">
>   <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
> allow="192.100.46.*,172.16.*.*,194.25.29.*,127.0.0.1"/>
> </Context>
>
> I have to mention that I did neither write that app nor know much
> about it anyway.. it uses a JDBC connection
> to a mysql database to write data to that db. But after creating that
> config file mentioned above, the
> JDBC driver didn't work anymore...
>
> Anyone can help me with that?

It looks like your new Context definition is overriding an existing
Context definition for this web application which contains the resource
definition for the MySQL database.

So you should have a look at your $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml if
there might be a existing Context definition inside the related Host
element.

You should also look for a context.xml in the
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/[webapp]/META-INF/ directory for the same
reason.

If you will find an existing Context definition, then insert your valve
filter there and delete you newly created <application>.xml.

Best wishes

Lutz