> From: Thomas Nybro Bolding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> When installing multiple instances of Tomcat 5.5x on the same
> server do I then need to install multiple JRE's as well?

No.

> But with one JRE would one crashed instance of Tomcat crash
> the others as well?

Separate the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) from the JVM (Java Virtual
Machine).  Each Tomcat instance runs in its own JVM - its own process.
All use the same JRE.  Think about running multiple copies of
Notepad.exe on Windows.  If one copy of Notepad crashes (the JVM), you
don't lose the others even though they're all using the same copy of the
file (the JRE).

                - Peter