Hi Ajay,

Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2005 10:14 schrieb Ajay Brar:
> i installed tomcat 5.5 on my winxp. i start the service but when i
> try and access it at http://localhost:8080 i get a 'Cannot find
> Server' error page on IE.
> i have tried disabling my firewall but still cant access the tomcat
> welcome page or the manager section.
>
> I also installed apache web server and can access that at
> http://localhost
>
> any help would be most appreciated.

That sounds familiar to me... :-)

Tomcat 5.5 requires JRE 1.5 to run or you install the JDK 1.4
compatibility pack if you want to run it with JDK 1.4. Did you install
JRE or JDK 1.5 and did you configure the JRE_HOME path accordingly
before starting Tomcat?

Note: Tomcat 5.5 only requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). It is
no longer necessary to install a full Java Development Kit (JDK).

I hope this solves your problem.

Best wishes

Lutz