On Thursday 12 May 2005 13:32, Raghupathy,Gurumoorthy wrote:
> Wht is the problem ?

When I install Tomcat 5 (base, examples, and admin) I get an error with the
packages. I read that this is to do with incorrect directory names or link
names.

On one of my other test machines I keep getting a socket exception and a
broken pipe exception when trying to connect via JDBC to a PostgreSQL server.

My catalina.start in the log files directory indicates a problem with the
permissions for tomcat5.pid.

Now I have spent the whole day "trawling" the web, searching "google", trying
various things and even searching the archives of this mailing list and I
still can't solve the problem.

I have now tried this on 5 different machines with two different (original)
sets of SuSE 9.3 discs and I still get these errors.

I have tried both 1.4 and 1.5 SDKs and still these errors persist.

I can't believe that I am the unfortunate person to discover this
problem... ...I can't be that unlucky. :(

Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

Finagle's fourth Law:
        Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it only makes
it worse.