Can a client recapture his Tomcat session after he
has accidentally closed the browser, provided that
the session object still exists on the server?

Would this be a browser-specific thing? After all,
I guess I'd need to tell the browser to persist
the session cookie or some such thing. Or would it
work browser-independently using URL-rewriting?

If there is such a mechanism, does it pose any
security concerns (e. g. through Tomcat reusing
a session-id for a totally different session?)

We're on Tomcat 4.1. Would the answer be any
different for Tomcat 5.0?

Thanks for any enlightenment or additional
pointers-. -- Sebastian