    From: "Patrick Lacson"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Sent: 5/13/05 12:56:43 AM
    To: "Tomcat Users List"<tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
    Subject: Re: Sessions and keep-alives
      I've considered iframes, but unfortunately not an option for us.

    >From what I understand AJAX can make async calls to the HTTP server
    from the webapplication only, not on behalf of another.  So if the
    popup application is webapp B, and the parent webapp A, how can I call
    the webapp A server from webapp B for the keep-alive?

    On 5/12/05, Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    > The simplest kludge is an iframe that is "hidden" and uses a META refresh.
    >
    > Or look at using ajax.
    >
    > -Tim
    >
    > Patrick Lacson wrote:
    >
    > > hi All!
    > >
    > > I'm involved in a project that integrates two disparate web
    > > applications: webapp A is using WebSphere and webapp B is using
    > > Tomcat.
    > >
    > > The integration involves Single Sign On, with webapp A being the
    > > primary webapp from which webapp B is launched.  webapp B is launched
    > > as a popup-window.
    > >
    > > My question is: how can i ensure that while the user is working on the
    > > webapp B popup, the parent window webapp A, does not time-out?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance!

    Patrick

[Message truncated. Tap Edit->Mark for Download to get remaining portion.]