Hi Gabriel,

Am Dienstag, 17. Mai 2005 20:28 schrieb Gabriel Belingueres:
> Hi,
>  I need to deny the access to my web app's directory listing in
> Tomcat 4.1.x.
>
> How do I do that?
>  TIA,
> Gabriel

I don't have running Tomcat 4.1 here to have a look at the web.xml but
in Tomcat 5+, you can add the following setting for the default servlet
to the web.xml:

        <init-param>
                <param-name>listings</param-name>
                <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/funcspecs/fs-default.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/default-servlet.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/default-servlet.html

If the documentation of the default servlet in your
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml does not list the parameter "listings",
this will not work however. Then, you may add an index.html, or what
else is defined as welcome file on your server, to your directories.
This an ackward but working solution. :-)

Best wishes

Lutz