Steve Kirk wrote:

Thanks nix.

Yes I already changed that.  I used to use the approach you mention in
5.0.28, i.e.:

        <ResourceParams name="jdbc/myResource">
                <parameter>
                        <name>username</name>
                        <value>...</value>
                </parameter>
                <parameter>
                        <name>password</name>
                        <value>...</value>
                </parameter>

                etc

        </ResourceParams>

But noticed that the new 5.5 DBCP example used this approach:

<Resource username="...." password="..."  etc />

So I switched to that, but still no joy.

PS does it actually say in the docs anywhere that the
valid in 5.5?  If so then I've missed some docs somewhere, maybe there is
other new stuff that I haven't seen.

It definitely does not work in 5.5. I've used the config from the docs page with PostgreSQL and it worked. Other possible problem is that the driver class didn't load. Where have you placed the JDBC JAR? It goes either in ${CATALINA_HOME}/common/lib since it must be accessable to TC.

Nix.