From: Marco Pöhler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:51 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compiling JSP files

You have to add jsp-api.jar to the classpath.

hth
Marco

---
http://www.kontaktlinsen-preisvergleich.de
http://www.faq-kontaktlinsen.de

Am Dienstag, den 24.05.2005, 08:46 -0500 schrieb Charles P. Killmer:
I am having a problem where one of my jsp files won't compile. Tomcat successfully creates the java file but it never creates the class file and hence never responds to the request for the page.

I am looking for what needs to be in the command line in order to manually compile the java file the gets created in order to look for errors in that process.

This is what I have so far but I am getting errors.
c:\jdk1.5.0\bin\javac -classpath
%CLASSPATH%;C:\tomcat\work\Catalina\Site1\_;C:\tomcat\common\lib\servl
et
.jar test_jsp.java

Errors:
test_jsp.java:5: package javax.servlet.jsp does not exist import javax.servlet.jsp.*; ^ test_jsp.java:8: package org.apache.jasper.runtime does not exist public final class test_jsp extends org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase
                                                            ^
test_jsp.java:9: package org.apache.jasper.runtime does not exist
   implements org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent {
                                       ^

Thanks
Charles