I was not looking forward to reconfiguring logging, as it'd always been an
area that generated some confusion, but if anything logging is easier on 5.5
than 5.0 IMHO.

I had <Logger>s configured in 5.0, but these are redundant in 5.5, so I have
no logging config at all now - I just use the java.util.logging classes in
my servlet code (no changes at all since it ran on 5.0), and it works
perfectly for my needs without any config file at all.