help me...

I wanna work togather tomcat and apache.
It was so easy to combine tomcat and apache in WindowsNT, but not in
linux.
First time, I already downloaded a file that was named mod_jk.so in
jakarta.apache.org.
And added the line like "Include $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/mod_jk.conf-auto" to
file named httpd.conf in $APACHE_HOME/conf.
I started the apache then. apache message say ...

Syntax error on line 8 of /usr/local/apache/jakarta-tomcat-
3.2.1/conf/mod_jk.con
f-auto:
API module structure `jk_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/apache_1.3.12/libexec
/mod_jk.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

So, I've got the source file and build mod_jk.so but I got the same
message.

please help me...