I think I may have actually found the answer to my own question....does this look like the right path to go down?

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

?

Thanks
-Aaron

Aaron Hackney wrote:

Thanks for the response Patrick. I'm probably going about this all wrong.

Simply put, I'm just trying to make a datasource available to my application. Sounds sinple enough. I have found a lot of conflicting information out there on the implementation.

I develop with JBuilder (good, bad or indifferent!) But anyhow....where does one properly make a datasource for a tomcat application available? I'm using Tomcat 5.0 (I could use 5.5 if I had to).

Thanks in advance. I'm a bit blind and stubling around here and really tried to research it on my own this weekend but to no avail.

-Aaron

Patrick Thomas wrote:

and if a context with the same name is defined in a webapp WEB-INF/xml
file which would "win" such a fight? I have a feeling my context defined
in /localhost is being overwritten by the app. (I'm fighting with
JBuilder 2005 trying to get some JNDI naming stuff to work for my
datasources)

Ideas? Or am I waaaaay off?

I'm gonna go with "possibly way off" because you shouldn't be putting
the context name into web.xml (context.xml is okay, though not
required, but web.xml no... in fact, I don't think it'll even
acknowledge it there). Did you mean to say "META-INF/context.xml"? If
so, then we've got a meatier discussion; let us know.

Cheers,
Patrick

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help me with a context question.

If I define a context in an xml file in /tomcathome/conf/catalina/localhost

and if a context with the same name is defined in a webapp WEB-INF/xml
file which would "win" such a fight? I have a feeling my context defined
in /localhost is being overwritten by the app. (I'm fighting with
JBuilder 2005 trying to get some JNDI naming stuff to work for my
datasources)

Ideas? Or am I waaaaay off?

Thanks in advance.
-Aaron