What Writer are you using? If you do response.getWriter() you will get a
PrintWriter and the docs tell you that PrintWriter doesn't throw exceptions, so
your app keeps printing to the writer after an error. (A closed connection is
an IOException.)
If you use the default out property of a jsp page you get a JspWriter which
does throw exeptions on error.

Ronald.

On Tue May 31 19:42:30 CEST 2005 Tomcat Users List