Hi msjava,

I'm trying to migrate our webapp from ServletExec4.1.1/JDK1.3.1 to
Tomcat5.0.30/JDK1.4.2.
On ServletExec, our app was showing/saving UTF-8 strings correctly. However,
after migration to Tomcat, the pages are not showing UTF-8 encoded content
correctly.

All our JSP pages contain the following:
---------------------------------------
<%@ page import="java.util.*, java.lang.*" contentType="text/html;
charset=UTF-8" %> ...
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

The web.xml file contains:
-------------------------
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

A filter servlet for all JSPs:
-----------------------------
public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
FilterChain filterChain)
{
  try
  {
    if (null != encoding)
    {
      request.setCharacterEncoding(encoding);
    }
    filterChain.doFilter(request, response); ....

Do I need to do something else for Tomcat? In particular, do I need to do the
stuff mentioned here: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat/Tomcat/UTF-8

Thanks in advance
Sanjay