From: Hari Mailvaganam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 1:59 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Scalability issue question

It can be a good idea to have it load balanced from a performance and
uptime point of view.

It is hard to absolutely decipher what each Tomcat can specifically
handle in terms of load. A load test, which emualates user actions, may
give you a ball park.

The dependencies are on network, server OS, memory, JVM etc.

regards,

Hari Mailvaganam

On 6/2/05, Wallace, Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Currently using IIS and the ISAPI Tomcat redirect.   Would like to
just
> use Tomcat instead but don't know if it can handle my static content.
> The book "Apache Tomcat 5" published by WROX warns of performance
> issues with static content, but ComputerWorld just did an article
> about Weather.com running their site on multiple load balanced Tomcat
> servers servicing 18 million hits a day.
> http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/linux/story/0,10801,925
> 83
> ,00.html
>
> I currently only get around 250 k hits per day but we're about to
> integrate email with Livelink and that puts me into a whole new
> performance arena.   Any thoughts or guidance would be appreciated.
>
> Scott Wallace
> Livelink Global Infrastructure Coordinator [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 405-270-2027 wk
> 405-323-2237 cell
> 405-228-6027 fax
> "I have an existential map; it has 'you are here'
>  written all over it. " - Steven Wright
>

> Important Notice!!
> If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, any use,
distribution or copying of the message is prohibited.
> Please let me know immediately by return e-mail if you have received
this message by mistake, then delete the e-mail message.